Leading SAFE 4.0 training incl certificate
What is SAFE®?
SAFe is Scaled Agile Framework. It is a framework that provides concrete tools for implementing an Agile mindset and method for Enterprise level (Agile at scale). The framework provides a governance structure for Agile working for (medium) sized businesses to retain control and direction in a world with both Scrum and Prince2 methodologies.
SAFE® provides guidelines and a governance structure for such things as:
- Understanding dependencies between business and architectural requirements Enterprise level
- Grip on dependencies between Scrum teams themselves and release management within the organization.
- Organization and planning program and portfolio level by applying Agile principles
While Scrum an open framework is particularly effective software development, and relatively little guidance provides for larger companies, SAFe precisely addresses the complex issues such as portfolio and program management, architecture, integration, funding, governance and necessary roles in scaling Agile across the organization.
Leading the Lean-Agile Software Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework®
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Associated Certification: SAFe Agilist (SA)
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Time & Location:
- Monday September 11th and Tuesday September 12th
- 9 AM – 5 PM
- Het Nieuwe Kantoor, HNK Utrecht Centraal (!0 minute walk from trainstation Bilthoven)
- Startersprice € 1250,- excl. BTW per participant
- Including one-off exam fees through the Scaled Agile Academy for the online exam (flexible to make in their own time) and extended lunches
To obtain the certificate, it is important that the participant successfully passes the online open book exam. Participants have 30 days after the course to take the exam. When the test is successfully completed, the participant receives the SAFe Agilist SA certificate.
The training is delivered by experienced Agile trainers, which are certified by the Scaled Agile Academy as Safe Program Consultant® (SPC). They are daily working in Agile environments and give regular training & coaching. Because of this we ensure that the training also meets daily practice.