Training SAFe® 4.0 Product Manager/Product Owner including certification
Delivering customer value through effective execution and coordination of program increments in the enterprise.
In this two-day course, you will learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise. You’ll get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. Finally, you will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise.
By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
- SAFe 4.0 PM/PO Introduction
- Embracing the Lean-Agile mindset
- Exploring Product Manger and Product Owner roles
- Contributing to Portfolio content
- Defining and managing solution value
- Being an effective SAFe Product Manager
- Being an effective SAFe Product Owner
- Engaging stakeholders
- Building your Communities of Practice
After this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
Associated Certification: SAFe PMPO
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the PMPO certification exam:
- Leading SAFe 4.0
- Leading SAFe Live Lessons 4.0
- SAFe experience
- Product Owner experience
Time & Location:
- Monday September 18th and Tuesday September 19th
- 9 AM – 5 PM
- Flexcentraal, Jan Steenlaan 5, Bilthoven (Free parking, nearby trainstation Bilthoven)
- € 1250,- excl. VAT per participant
- Including one-off exam fees through the Scaled Agile Academy for the online exam (flexible to make in their own time) and extended lunches
To obtain the certificate, it is important that the participant successfully passes the online open book exam. Participants have 30 days after he course to take the exam. When the test is successfully completed, the participant receives the SAFe PMPO certificate.
The training is delivered by experienced Agile trainers, which are certified by the Scaled Agile Academy as Safe Program Consultant® (SPC). They are daily working in Agile environments and give regular training & coaching. Because of this we ensure that the training also meets daily practice.